Cash App and PayPal are two of the most popular payment apps in the world. They both offer a variety of features, including sending and receiving money, making purchases, and investing. But what if you want to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal?
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to do this. However, there are a few workarounds that you can use. In this blog post, we will show you how to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal using three different methods.
Can You Transfer Money From Cash App to PayPal?
No, There is no feature or direct way to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal. However, there are a few workarounds that you can use.
- Withdrawing money from Cash App to your bank account, and then adding the funds to your PayPal account.
- Adding your Cash App card to your PayPal account and transferring money from your Cash Card balance to your PayPal balance.
How to Transfer Money From Cash App to PayPal
There are three main ways to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal:
Method 1: Link Your Cash App Account Number and Routing Number to PayPal
Here is to link your Cash App bank account to PayPal and transfer money directly
- Open the PayPal app and tap on the Wallet tab.
- tap on the + button close to Banks and cards.
- Select Banks.
- Type any random text. You won’t find a way to connect to the Cash App bank account using the automated service.
- When PayPal can’t find a bank, it will show a button saying Enter Your Bank Details. Tap on it.
- The following page will ask for your bank details. Enter your Cash App routing & account number and tap Link This Bank.
- You’ll need to verify your account manually. To do this, PayPal will send a couple of small deposits to your Cash App bank account. This will take a few days. Wait for it to happen.
- Once you get your two small deposits in Cash App, open the application and make note of the amounts.
- Go back to the PayPal app.
- Tap on the Wallet tab.
- Find the Cash App bank account; it will be labeled as Sutton Bank. Tap on it.
- Find the option for verifying your account, enter the two amounts, and follow the instructions to finish adding your bank account to PayPal.
- Once the Cash App bank account is verified, you can add money to your PayPal account by going to PayPal > Finances > Add Money From Bank or Card.
- Enter the amount you want to add and hit Next.
- Select in 3-5 days.
- Tap on the Change button next to your bank account, and make sure your Cash App bank account is selected.
- When ready, hit Add Now. Your money will be transferred from Cash App to PayPal in a few days.
Method 2: Using a Bank Account
The first method is to withdraw the money from Cash App to your bank account, and then add the money to your PayPal account.
- Launch the Cash App.
- Tap on the Banking tab.
- Tap the Cash Out button.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and tap Cash Out.
- Select Standard if you set up your bank account. You can also use Instant if you set up your bank account’s debit card, but this incurs a fee.
- Once you know the money is in your bank account, Log into your PayPal account..
- Click on “Add Money.”
- Select “From your bank account.”
- Enter the amount you want to add.
- Select how fast you want the transfer to happen. You can choose in 3-5 days and use the bank account you sent your money to, from Cash App. Alternatively, you can pick in seconds and select the debit card linked to said bank account.
- Tap Add Now when ready.
Method 3: Link your Cash App card to PayPal.
The second method is to link your Cash App card to your PayPal account. This will allow you to use your Cash App card to make purchases online and in stores through PayPal. However, you cannot add money to your PayPal balance using your Cash App card.
Here are the steps on how to link your Cash App card to PayPal:
- Open the PayPal app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the Wallet tab and tap the + icon at the top.
- Select Debit or credit card.
- Enter your Cash App card details.
- Tap on Link Card.
These are just three of the ways that you can transfer money from Cash App to PayPal.
I hope this blog post has been helpful. If you have any other questions about transferring money from Cash App to PayPal, please leave a comment below.
Can I directly transfer money from Cash App to PayPal?
No, you cannot directly transfer money from Cash App to PayPal.
How long does it take to transfer money from Cash App to PayPal?
If you withdraw the funds from Cash App to your bank account and then add the funds to PayPal, it will typically take 1-3 business days for the funds to be available in your PayPal balance. If you use the Cash App card as a PayPal payment method, the funds will be deducted from your Cash App balance immediately.
Are there any fees for transferring money from Cash App to PayPal?
There are no fees for transferring money from Cash App to PayPal if you use the Cash App card as a PayPal payment method. However, if you used the instant feature to withdraw the funds from Cash App to your bank account and then add the funds to PayPal, there will be a $0.25 fee associated with the withdrawal.
Suzan was born in 1969 in Los Angeles and grew up in the San Fernando Valley. She attended UCLA, graduating in 1992 with a BA in Social Welfare.
From 1999 to 2004, Weiss was a visiting professor at Johns Hopkins’ Krieger School of Arts and Social Sciences and an adjunct professor of creative writing at The New School’s Eugene Lang College. She has also taught at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, New York University, and Columbia University.
She currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two sons.